Recycling Program Update - November 2015
The recycling materials should be placed in the recycling bins and placed alongside the regular refuse prior to 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled refuse collection day. For additional information concerning recycling in the City of Piqua, click Refuse and Recycling Update or Guidelines for the Use of the Recycling Carts.
Acceptable Items include:
- Plastic beverage bottles, 2-liter soda bottles, frozen food boil-in-bag pouches, microwave food trays, etc.
- Milk jugs, detergent bottles, bleach bottles, aspirin bottles, etc.
- Vinyl cooking oil bottles, mouthwash bottles, etc.
- Polystyrene-plastic foam, Styrofoam, egg cartons, meat trays, hot beverage cups, etc
- Clear, green, blue and brown glass bottles and jars in which food products are packaged
- Newspapers; junk mail; magazines; corrugated cardboard; chipboard; paper board such as cereal boxes, shoe boxes, and detergent boxes; beverage containers with a “gable” top and polycoated paperboard like milk cartons and juice cartons, wet strength cardboard like soda & beer carriers; and phonebooks.
- Aluminum and bi-metal beverage cans, aluminum foil & steel food cans
- Labels do not need to be removed; please rinse and flatten
- Napkins and paper plates
- Plastic bowls and buckets
- Oil jugs
- Plastic grocery bags
- Window glass
- Light bulbs
- Drinking glasses
- Pots and pans
- Coat hangers
- Scrap steel
- Frozen food cartons
- Wax-coated plastic
- Wax paper
- Paint cans
- Mix all items together – no separation required
- Empty all bottles, jugs and cans
- No need to remove labels
- For cartons, remove plastic caps and straws
- NEVER place medical sharps or needles in the recycling
- DON’T use plastic bags