- Income Tax
- Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA)
Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA)
Have your taxes prepared by a Tax Accountant
- Go to www.ritaohio.com to access the very user friendly program
- Create your account by click the green box labeled MyAccount
- Once your account is created, go back to the front page of the website and click the green box labeled Fast File
- Please have your Federal Tax forms and W-2's ready before you start. The system will time out after a long period of inactivity.
- If, you have more than one W-2 from the same employer you will have to total your boxes together and enter one total amount.
- Once your return is complete, print the confirmation page for your tax records
Prepare Your Return Yourself
Tax return forms can be printed from RITA's website, picked up from the Piqua Public Library, or at the Piqua Government Municipal Complex located at 201 W. Water St. (forms will be in the clear boxes right inside the door to the right between the Tax Office and Utility Business Office)
Have RITA Prepare Your Tax Information
- Complete an Individual Registration Form (Form 75) and an Individual Municipal Income Tax Drop Off Sheet. Make sure to make a copy for your tax records before sending.
- Mail those two forms along with copies of your federal tax form and W-2(s) to: RITA, P.O. Box 94801, Cleveland, Ohio 44101-2004
Have RITA Prepare Your Taxes in Person
RITA is available to prepare your taxes in person at six locations listed on their website. The closest location to Piqua is in Xenia at: Xenia City Administration Building, 107 E. Main St., Xenia, Ohio 45385. Their availability is Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM. Appointments are not required but might change closer to the tax submission deadline.
- RITA does NOT automatically send you a refund. You can choose to carry a credit over to the following year or receive the refund if it is more than $10.
- In order to claim your refund, you must complete a RITA 10A form. This form can be found on the website under Forms https://ritaohio.com/forms/home/individualformdownloads
- Mail the Form to: Regional Income Tax Agency, P.O. Box 95422, Cleveland, Ohio 44101-0033
You can pay your taxes owed three ways:
- Online if you have a MyAccount
- Over the phone through a RITA representative
- Automated Phone System using your social security numbers as your account number
- Through the mail
Related Documents - Individual
- Form 75 - Individual Registration Form
- Form 37 - RITA Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 37 - RITA Individual Income Tax Return Instructions
- Individual Municipal Income Tax Drop-Off Sheet
- Individual Declaration of Exemption
- Form10A Application for Income Tax Refund
- Form 32 - EST/EXT Estimated Income Tax and/or Extension of Time to File
Related Documents - Business
- Form 48 - Business Registration Form
- Form 27 - Net Profit Return
- Form 27 - Net Profit Return Instructions
- Form 17 - Reconciliation of Income Tax withheld & W-2 Transmittal
- Form 17 - Reconciliation of Income Tax withheld & W-2 Transmittal Instructions
- Form 20 - EXT-Net Profit Estimated Tax and/or Extension of Time to File