Happy Fall! The weather is perfect to be outdoors. Have you checked into our Piqua DORA? Click on Additional Information for more details.
What is a DORA?
- DORA or Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area is a specific area in which licensed liquor establishments may serve alcoholic beverages in an approved cup that allows the consumer to leave the premises with the alcoholic beverage in a DORA cup and continue consuming the beverage within the boundaries of the DORA. DORA cups are for a single use only (no refills)
- Limitations are set for designated days of the week and hours of the day when alcoholic beverages in a DORA cup may be consumed within the DORA.
- All minimum age laws remain in effect as normal and only patrons 21 years of age and older may purchase and consume an alcoholic beverage within the DORA.
- Establishments may choose to place a green or red DORA window decal near the entrance of the business to inform patrons whether DORA beverages are permitted. Businesses open to the public may choose to allow DORA beverages in their establishment at their own discretion.
- DORA beverage purchases at one alcohol-serving establishment are not permitted to be taken into another alcohol establishment.