The Piqua Government Academy welcomes all Piqua residents to come learn about WHAT the city does, WHY the city does it, and HOW the city does it. With how successful this program has been in the past, the academy has been recognized by the Ohio City/County Management Association as one of the best programs for Citizen Engagement! This is an excellent way to educate residents, build positive relationships and increase communication between our local government and our Piqua community. We hope by learning more about our local government it will encourage others to be future leaders.
The Piqua Government Academy is a free program offered to the Piqua and will begin on Monday, September 13, 2021 and will run every Monday for 10 weeks.
Academy participants will be able to:
- Meet and interact with the Piqua City Manager, department heads and staff
- Learn why decisions are made and how the departments operate
- Discover the status of current projects and future plans for development and programming for the City of Piqua
- Expand your knowledge and be informed on current topics in the community
- Participate in lively discussions and other fun interactive activities
- Tour city facilities
- Become a more informed and involved citizen
Here is how you can sign up:
- Register using the online form at piquaoh.org – Online Piqua Government Academy Application
- Stop into the Piqua Municipal Government Complex and pick up an application.
- Download and print a Piqua Government Academy Application, mail or drop off:
Piqua Government Academy
City of Piqua
201 W. Water St.
Piqua, OH 45356