The City of Piqua requires that all specialty contractors (electricians, plumbers & HVAC contractors) to be registered with the city in order to work in the City of Piqua.
If your company performs multiple trades, only one surety bond is required, but the registration fee needs to be paid for each trade performed.
Contractors must supply the following:
• A copy of your State of Ohio specialty contractor license issued pursuant to R.C. Chapter 4740 (Only for Commercial Work)
• A copy of your Certificate of Insurance required by R.C. 4740.06(8)(4)
• An original surety bond in the amount of $3,000
• A signed application; which affirms compliance with all laws, ordinances, resolutions, and public regulations relating to this occupation and affirms that no local taxes are delinquent.
• Payment (cash, check or money order) made payable to the City of Piqua
All required documentation can be mailed to: Piqua Health Department, 201 W. Water Street, Piqua, OH 45356. You may also fax your documents to 937-778-0050 or send via email to email@example.com. Payment can be dropped off during normal business hours Monday thru Friday 8 am-1 pm & 2 pm-5 pm. We are located on the 2nd floor at the above address.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTATION IS RECEIVED.
If you have any questions concerning this registration process, please contact Melissa at the Piqua Health Department at 937-778-2060.