The Piqua Health Department is working very closely with Miami County Public Health (MCPH) and the State of Ohio in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Citizens can limit their exposure to the virus by following the guidelines provided by the Ohio Department of Health:
- Wear face coverings or masks
- Conduct self-evaluation and stay home if symptoms arise
- Maintain proper social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Avoid high populated gatherings
- Avoid high-risk areas when traveling or only travel when necessary
- Use good hygiene: washing hands, use hand sanitizers, avoid touching your face, cover coughs/sneezes with your elbow or tissues
- Avoid contact with those who are high-risk
If a person believes they may have symptoms or have come in contact with a positive COVID-19 case, they should CALL their doctor. People with mild illness are encouraged to stay home and care for themselves. It is strongly discouraged to show up to your healthcare provider’s office or hospitals without calling first, which can risk the health of others.