Recycling will only be collected from the City issued Recycling Carts with the RED lid. Items must be place loose in the cart. Do NOT Bag recycling.
The recycling materials should be placed in the recycling bins and placed alongside the regular refuse prior to 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled refuse collection day. For additional information concerning recycling in the City of Piqua, see the Flyers & Education page.
Acceptable Items include:
- Plastic beverage bottles, 2-liter soda bottles, frozen food boil-in-bag pouches, microwave food trays, etc.
- Milk jugs, detergent bottles, bleach bottles, aspirin bottles, etc.
- Vinyl cooking oil bottles, mouthwash bottles, etc.
Glass Bottles & Jars
- Clear, green, blue and brown glass bottles and jars in which food products are packaged
- Newspapers; junk mail; magazines; corrugated cardboard; chipboard; paper board such as cereal boxes, shoe boxes, and detergent boxes; beverage containers with a “gable” top and polycoated paperboard like milk cartons and juice cartons, wet strength cardboard like soda & beer carriers; and phonebooks.
- Aluminum and bi-metal beverage cans, aluminum foil & steel food cans
|Napkins and paper plates||Plastic bowls and buckets|
|Oil jugs||Plastic grocery bags|
|Light bulbs||Drinking glasses|
|Pots and Pans||Coat hangers|
|Scrap steel||Wax-coated plastic|
|Wax paper||Paint cans|
- Mix all items together – no separation required
- Empty all bottles, jugs and cans
- No need to remove labels
- For cartons, remove plastic caps and straws
- NEVER place medical sharps or needles in the recycling
- DON’T use plastic bags, always put loose in the cart