Refuse Collection Requirements:
Trash will only be collected from the City issued trash carts. No extra bags or cans will be collected. Each customer is issued one 96 gallon (Large) trash cart. Smaller sizes may be selected by customers.
Location of Collection:
Trash carts shall be placed at the curb or alley by 7:00 am for collection. No garbage shall be placed out more than 24 hours prior to pick-up.
One to three bulk items may be set out for collection per week. Bulk items include discarded appliances, furniture, metal, water heaters, carpet, mattresses, tires, plumbing fixtures and other large items too large for trash carts will be picked up when placed at normal trash collection locations on your collection day. Items too large for the truck, such as swing sets, garage doors, etc. must be dismantled into small sections. Extremely large or heavy items will not be collected (pianos, etc.)
The following are items that will NOT be collected by the Sanitation Department:
- NO EVICTION, MOVE OUT ITEMS, OR EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF BULK ITEMS.
- Needles (sharps) not in a puncture proof container (Sharps Disposal)
- Concrete, rocks bricks, and dirt
- Construction and demolition materials including roofing, plaster, dry wall, lumber, etc.
- Trees, stumps, large bushes
- Hazardous materials and liquids including paint, pesticides, gasoline, herbicides, etc.
- Material transported into the City from outside the corporation limits.
- large amount of tires (6-8 per year max)
Properly Separate Materials:
Keep Yard Waste and Recyclables separate from regular trash.