The Piqua Police Department’s intent is not to create a public forum, but to maintain a moderate online discussion directly relating to topics posted by the Department, and reserve the right to delete comments/posts that do not promote appropriate language for citizens, (including minors), to read, consistent with the following criteria:
- Comments not related to the topic of discussion in post;
- Comment’s and/or posts containing abusive or profane language, sexually explicit language/content, hate speech, derogatory terms or offensive content;
- Comments that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color , age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Comments that are solicitations of commerce;
- Comments that endorse candidates or a particular stance on current ballot measures;
- Comments that conduct or encourage illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a copyright, trademark or other legal ownership interest of any other party.
IMPORTANT NOTICE UNDER OHIO’S PUBLIC RECORDS LAW:
Please be aware that under Chapter 149, Ohio Revised Code, every response and submission to this Site is a public record and will be posted for as long as the Site’s Host will allow for such item to remain posted. If any submission is removed by the Department as allowed by Policy for reasons such as the use of profanity or other inappropriate content please be advised that all removed submissions will be stored by the City offline and will be considered a public record available for inspection to the extent allowed by law.