The City of Piqua will still be conducting the November 17, 2020, Piqua City Commission Special Meeting with strict guidelines. The Piqua City Commission Meeting Agenda Packet can be found below.
HOW TO VIEW THE LIVE MEETING:
The Piqua City Commission Meeting will not be open to the public but will be streamed live on the City of Piqua’s YouTube Channel. The link to the YouTube channel is www.youtube.com/c/cityofpiqua45356
The Piqua City Commission has decided to incorporate Zoom with the Piqua City Commission Meetings to allow participants to virtually attend the meeting and be able to make comments in real-time. With this addition, community members have two ways to make public comments on agenda items:
1. Submit your comment beforehand using this link:
- If a person would like to comment on multiple agenda items, please fill out a separate form for each agenda item. This helps with the organization during the meeting.
- We will accept only one form of submission per person per agenda item or public comment.
- Comments and questions will be read during the meeting by Mayor Kris Lee and answers will be provided.
2. Submit a request for Zoom meeting access code using this link:
- Participants will receive an email with a registration link to virtually attend the meeting and directives on how to make a comment about agenda items via Zoom.
SUBMISSION CUT-OFF: November 17, 2020, AT NOON (12:00 P.M.)
- The meeting will be conducted in accordance with the City of Piqua Ordinances, with the exception the meeting room will be a virtual location hosted online for community members.
- If the meeting connection is temporarily lost the Mayor will suspend the discussion until the connection is restored.
If you have any questions or need further guidance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGULAR PIQUA CITY COMMISSION MEETING (AMENDED)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2020
COMMISSION CHAMBER–2nd FLOOR
201 WEST WATER STREET
PIQUA, OHIO 45356
CALL TO ORDER
THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL OF PIQUA CITY COMMISSION
PROCLAMATION – HONORING KAREN WENDELN
REGULAR PIQUA CITY COMMISSION MEETING
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Approval of the minutes from the November 3, 2020 Regular Piqua City Commission Meeting
2. ORD. NO. 9-20 (3rd Reading)
An Ordinance amending Chapter 154 Zoning of the Piqua Code of Ordinances and allowing a Dispensary Use
in the B–General Business and CBD-Central Business Zoning Districts
3. ORD. NO. 10-20 (1st Reading)
An Ordinance repealing existing Chapter 33.08 and enacting a new Chapter 33.08 of the Piqua Code, relating to
4. ORD. NO. 11-20 (1st Reading)
An Ordinance repealing Schedule A-1 of Chapter 33 of the Piqua Code and adopting a new Schedule A-1 of
Chapter 33 of the Piqua Code, relating to wages of certain Municipal Employees
5. ORD. NO. 12-20 (1st Reading)
An Ordinance to make Appropriations for the City of Piqua, Ohio for the Year 2021
6. RES. NO. R-117-20
A Resolution authorizing purchase orders to Chemical Services, Inc., SAL Chemical, Carus LLC, Greer Lime Company, Univar Solutions USA Inc., Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., JCI Jones Chemicals, Inc., and the City of Dayton for the 2021 purchase of various Water Treatment chemicals
7. RES. NO. R-118-20
A Resolution amending the contract to Milligan Construction Company for the Scarbrough Drive extension project
8. RES. NO. R-119-20
A Resolution authorizing an amendment to the Zoning Map to change the Zoning Designation of N44-052200 from an I1-Light Industrial to B-General Business and parcel N44-052214 from F-Floodplain to B-General Business
(This is an opportunity for citizens to address the City Commission regarding agenda items, issues, or to provide information. Comments are requested to be limited to five (5) minutes and specific questions should be addressed to the City Manager’s office.)
CITY MANAGERS REPORT
Economic Development Update
ADJOURNMENT TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. To prepare for and review negotiations on compensation or other terms and conditions of employment for City personnel.